The ISD lab conducts research and development in the areas of human-computer interaction, virtual reality and information systems with a focus on design-oriented and human-centered approaches and methods. The lab is well-equipped and offers expertise and research services that cover all stages of interactive systems lifecycle:
- User experience studies and evaluation: usability; accessibility; remote evaluation; eye tracking studies; field studies; collaboration studies.
- Virtual worlds and 3D user interfaces; in the areas of collaborative design, education, cultural heritage.
- Design and evaluation of natural user interfaces: mid-air interaction, multi-touch displays, distant displays.
- Information systems design & engineering: big data analytics, cloud computing, mobile computing.
- Interaction design methods, including co-design, with diverse user groups including older adults and children.